I’m Benjamin Spall, the co-author of My Morning Routine (Portfolio/Penguin) in which today’s most talented creatives and businesspeople share their secrets to unlocking greater energy, focus, and calm—starting first thing in the morning. (I’m also the founding editor of a website of the same name.)
In the book my co-author Michael Xander and I interview a cast of characters including the president of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, Ed Catmull, Japanese organizing consultant Marie Kondo, and General Stanley McChrystal (among sixty-one others).
I’ve written for outlets including the New York Times, the New York Observer, Quartz, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, the Huffington Post, Thrive Global, 99U, and more.
Originally from the United Kingdom, I now reside in San Francisco, California.
Recent Interviews and Press
- Become a Morning Person (Elevated With Mara)
- 11 Books That Will Help You Become a Better Version of Yourself in 2019 (Inc.)
- The 7 Best Business Books of 2018 (Fast Company)
- Hábitos Mañaneros para Lograr el Éxito (Univision)
- How to Create the Perfect Morning Routine (The Art of Manliness Podcast)
- How Successful People Start Their Days (Cheddar)
- How to Hack Your Mornings (Lifehacker Podcast)
- The Best Books to Gift a Recent Graduate (Salon)
- How the World’s Most Successful People Start Their Days (The Independent)
- What You Can Learn from the Morning Routines of Productive People (Forbes)
To book me for a television or radio segment please reach out to my publicist at Portfolio, Marisol Salaman, at (212) 366-2142, or send her an email. (For British and Commonwealth enquiries, please contact Mathias Lord.)
Feel free to use this (or a slightly modified version of this) bio:
Benjamin Spall is the founding editor of the online magazine My Morning Routine, and the co-author of a book of the same name. He has written for outlets including the New York Times, New York Observer, Quartz, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and more.